I’ve recently been trying to teach myself digital art/graphic design and slowly making progress with a program called Affinity Designer. I’ve been so happy with this program, even though it’s been a bit of a steep learning curve for me since I don’t have any experience at all with digital art programs and am generally not a tech person at all!
When I was looking into learning digital art and thinking about a subscription for Illustrator, my partner suggested I try Affinity Designer since it’s a program you can buy outright inexpensively and has a lot of the same features as Illustrator. While I’m a long way off from from making any kind of complex digital art, I’m happy to say that I’m finally getting the hang of the pen tool and have made a few of my little drawings into printable pages with Affinity!
This Snowman and Santa colouring page ornament is one of my first Affinity-made printables. I thought it would be a fun craft for little ones to help them get into the holiday spirit and to have something to hang on the tree when they’re finished – hope you enjoy!
Please see the bottom of this post for the free printable PDF.
- Have little ones colour in Santa and Frosty
- Help them to cut out each figure
- Fold the page (though don’t crease the bottom) and match up the tops
- Punch a hole in the top circle and thread some twine or ribbon through, tie a knot close to the hole and then again at the ends of the twine
- Your ornament is ready for hanging!